It is a proven fact that using historical outline maps help cement historical and geographical facts for students and adults alike. Just knowing that Alexander the Great conquered the whole known world is simply not enough. Seeing this enormous ancient empire on paper gives visual and non-visual students an edge in their learning.
The truth is… most educators know this, but struggle to find the printable maps they are looking for. Now your search is over. Finally, Map Trek Historical Atlas and Outline Maps is now available as a set of six (6) beautiful full-color e-books for easy printing.
“Can I just say thank you so much for the wonderful resources you have available on your website? Well written, beautifully designed, incredibly useful and all of this available in downloadable formats! Thank you for leading the way for homeschoolers to step into the technological age – it has been a long time coming.” – Shannon
With Map Trek Historical Atlas and Outline Maps, you, as the teacher, can…
- Have over 350 World History Maps at your fingertips.
- Print them all or just the ones you need today.
- Print multiple copies for your family’s use. (Schools, classrooms and co-ops can take advantage of our volume discounts or site license agreement.)
- Never worry about lesson plans for your historical outline maps. We’ve included them for you!
- Have different aged students working at their own ability. No more trying to stretch the lesson up or down.
With Map Trek Historical Atlas and Outline Maps, your students can…
- See the landscape (i.e. the political boundaries, major cities, etc.) from the historical time period – instead of what the region is like today.
- Label places of historical significance on their outline maps.
- Color in empires, trace travel routes, draw scales and directional symbols, etc.
- Maps don’t have to be boring… Students should feel free to experiment with colored markers, pencils, paint and even glitter (this is optional, of course!)
- Finished maps can be posted to the bulletin board or refrigerator or placed in a history notebook.
“I purchased the Knowledge Quest maps for this time period and they have been a terrific addition! All three kids (11,9,6) have learned a great deal.” – Beth
You may be wondering if you can find most of these printable maps for free online? The truth is, quite frankly, that you will not. I used to spend countless hours scouring the Internet for the appropriate map for our history lesson. Sometimes BINGO I would find just what I was looking for. But more often than not, there would be something about the map that I wished I could change. Maybe we were studying the United Kingdoms of Italy and the boundaries of the territories were not there. Or maybe we were studying South America during the times of the Spanish conquistadors and the only maps I could find had current political boundaries or no boundaries at all.
I began producing these printable maps in 2001 for Susan Wise Bauer’s Story of the World series. Since then, we have greatly improved the quality of the maps using vector graphics and full color. These new upgraded computer generated maps are cleaner, clearer and easier to use than the original ones.
“I just wanted to drop you a line and let you know how WONDERFUL your maps are! I just love to use maps in school; it makes everything so clear. And your maps are perfect for each unit we study. It’s great to have a resource like this instead of having to paw through numerous books to find maps and then have to shrink them or enlarge them to suit the need! I have recommended your maps to many people.” – Sue
When you purchase Map Trek Historical Atlas and Outline Maps using the download option, we’ll throw in our American Maps set for free. That’s an extra 235 printable maps for your family that you can begin using today. Combined with the World History maps above, that is a total of 465 maps that you can use with your students starting today.
The Map Trek: US Edition includes 53 historical maps and 53 unlabeled maps, including maps from the Revolutionary and Civil wars, Westward Expansion, the Great Depression, the World Wars and more. Also, there is a map for each state as well as a large map of the 50 United States.
Click the button below to buy the Map Trek Historical Atlas and Outline Maps DOWNLOAD and get the Map Trek: US Edition map set download free! $45.00 ($79.85 value)